 Robotics / 4154
Re: More Output ports!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 05:28:36 GMT

I actually use my RCX to control relays in my large interactive art projects
(blasphemy).  But I imagine that it would be easy to convert my ideas into a
simple way of switching motors.  By putting a small relay 5 volt relay
(preferably one that locks in position to save battery power) into a block
you could do this quite easily.

with a multi-pole-relay that can hold its position you can just apply a full
power burst of electricity to it in order to change direction, thereby
switching from one set of  motors to the other.  I'll scan the pictures I
have of my project and put it up on my website later.

Has anyone else been using there RCX for blasphemous non-lego applications??

-----Original Message-----
From: Cyberia <cyberia@erols.com>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Sunday, March 07, 1999 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: More Output ports!

I would be interested in seeing what you have done.

How do you control the switch, with the third RCX output ?

--
SeeYa !

John Brubaker wrote in message <36e2aace.12707929@lugnet.com>...
Hi All - I posed a question a couple of weeks back about using small
relays to switch control of outputs in order to use more motors.

My robot uses 2 powered treads for forward, reverse, and turn.  The
gripping arm uses a motor to raise and lower, then another motor
controls a pneumatic switch to open or close the claw using a small
air cylinder.  It all works quite well.  If anyone's interested in the
switching device, I'll post some pictures of it this week.  It fits
into a Lego brick 2 pegs x 6 pegs x 6 thick.  Regards --- John.