 Robotics / 4100
  Re: Three-wheel Synchro Drive

(...) I do not believe trying to center the wheels on their axis of vertical rotation is a good idea. Although doing so would drop the amount of motion in the platform to virtually zero when the wheels are changing directions, it also has the (...) (26 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Three-wheel Synchro Drive

Mark Tarrabain writes: > I do not believe trying to center the wheels on their axis of vertical rotation > is a good idea. Although doing so would drop the amount of motion in the > platform to virtually zero when the wheels are changing directions, (...) (26 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Three-wheel Synchro Drive

(...) Actually, you don't need the differential -- if you put the power axle down the center of rotation for the wheel assembly, turning the wheel assembly induces a rotation of the power axle (relative to the wheel assembly). With the proper (...) (26 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Three-wheel Synchro Drive

Russell Nelson writes: > Hey, that's the key -- actually *rotate* the wheels as you turn their > direction. Then, the wheels will inscribe a small arc, but the > platform won't move. And if you want to be *really* clever about it, > you could use a (...) (26 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Three-wheel Synchro Drive

(...) power shaft to the tire, you can move the tire closer than that. I used a 24t crown gear to make the 90 degree transition, then a 24t to 40t gear reduction so I could put the large tires that come with RIS (anybody know a source for more of (...) (26 years ago, 3-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)