 Robotics / 4085
Re: Three-wheel Synchro Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 05:03:06 GMT

Nice design. I especially like how compact it is.
I think 'real' three wheeled synchro drive bots are supposed to have more
accurate odometry than four wheel versions. This is mostly due to the fact
that floors aren't always perfectly planar.
BTW - I put some pictures of a 360 degree bump sensor and rotating RCX /
light sensor head for my four wheel synchro drive up
last week. Still a few things to tweek but it works pretty well as is... I
need to spend some time programming it to utilize the light sensor though.

The pictures are near the bottom of my page :

http://www.net-info.com/~dcarlson

-- Doug

Jonathan Knudsen wrote:

Hello,

I succeeded in creating a three-wheel synchro drive
robot, using the Large Turntables from Pitsco Lego
Dacta. There are pictures here:

  http://members.xoom.com/jknudsen/Synchronicity/Synchronicity.html

It doesn't do anything; I just wanted to prove it
could be done mechanically. It's still a little rough.

Enjoy!

Jonathan