 Robotics / 4079
Re: Need another motor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 21:41:58 GMT

Schott, Wayne W (MED) wrote:

Can someone confirm that the #8277 Giant Model Set has a #5225 geared
motor in the kit?  I looked at the archive inventory site but that
contains only discontinued sets.
Seems like a good way to get beams and a motor if true...

8277 is an excellent value and a wonderful set-- lots of long beams &
axles-- but it does not, in fact, contain a motor or any other
electrical components.

It's designed to be "motorizable"-- it has a central "engine" module
that is used in toto in the various models you can build with the set,
and which is designed for easy insertion of a motor-- but it does not
actually come with a motor.