 Robotics / 4063
  Machina Speculatrix Reproduction

Over fifty years ago W. Grey Walter started building three wheeled, turtle like, mobile robotic vehicles. These vehicles had a light sensor, touch sensor, propulsion motor, steering motor, and a two vacuum tube analog computer. Even with this simple (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Machina Speculatrix Reproduction

Great post! Thanks. - - - Nick - - - Michael Gasperi wrote: <snip> (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Machina Speculatrix Reproduction

That's pretty interesting. Actually I think the builder missed a genuine opportunity at an advancement. A tri-cycle driving front end approach with 360 degree turn swivel allows the entire robot roving control to be done with ONE motor. Use a large (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Machina Speculatrix Reproduction

From: Stephan B. Wessels <stephan.wessels@sdrc.com> (...) you (...) software is (...) For (...) detecting (...) the (...) well (...) If you read the article about this robot you can see that it did use forward and turning motion at the same time. (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Machina Speculatrix Reproduction

The Smithsonian Institute has one of the second generation Grey Walter robot turtles in its collection. I have obtained a high quality photograph of it and added it to my web page. It really is worth seeing. For more details please go to: (URL) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)