 Robotics / 4049
Re: More questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 19:00:02 GMT

Not sure about other software packages but the Dacta\RoboLab software allows
you to unlock the slots for programs 1&2. As Far as sensors in the
Dacta/Pitsco catalog they run from $11.00 to $27.00. But there is plenty of
information about maning some of your own sensors also.
Jim Clark
Seattle, Wa

Mookie wrote:

On the official Lego Mindstorms website, they say that the first 2 slots
are locked, you can't d/l anything to them.. are you able to unlock
these and use these? or are you stuck with only 3 slots out of 5? it
does mention you can set which slots are locked.. though it doesn't
mention if you can unlock theirs and rewrite them.
You have 6 ports on the brick? ABC <output ports> and 123 <input ports
only> so you can hook up 3 motors and 3 sensors? can they be
piggybacked? put 2 sensors on Port 1 and route them so they are on
opposite sides of the bot yet they will still run the same type of prg??
like with touch sensors?
And how much do extra sensors cost? I know the motors are about 18.00
from S@H..
Thanks for reading!
Tamy

I'm sure more questions to come as I research this a little more, it's a
lot of money for a set, I want to make sure it's something I want!

Mookie wrote:

[...]

This message was sent from Bess.Net, a filtered Internet Access Provider
for children and families.