 Robotics / 3984
    Re: Contest —Joel Shafer
   (...) No (...) goal? Any method to get the can to the finish area is acceptable. Joel Shafer joel@connect.net -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Contest —I Am I
     Joel: The only way that these contests could offer a "pot of money" for the winner is if each entry of a vehicle cost the entrant some fee. This could be as little as ten US Dollars, or more if you decided you wanted to shell out. It would then (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Contest —Mark Tarrabain
     (...) I was never serious when I asked if there was any prize for winning (I *DID* try to indicate that with a smile emoticon after the query... maybe that wasn't enough). Simple recognition and acknowledgement is certainly enough as far as I'm (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Contest —Mike Moran
   (...) Hmm. My first thought on this is that, if the room is a simple square or convex shape, then you can simply play out a string from the back of the robot and get it to follow the wall. That is gauranteed to catch the can no-matter where it is. I (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)