 Robotics / 3645
RE: Mindstorms in 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:28:48 GMT

In the 1999 lego catalog that is everywhere in every toy store in Sweden,
there are a couple
of pages informing about the new exciting Mindstorms RCX kit that will soon
be available
in Sweden as well, but with Swedish software. However, it does not say
_when_ it will
be available, as with most other Lego kits. I am pretty sure it is the same
thing in other
European countries, as well as Australia and other parts of the world. Lego
wouldn't be
marketing the RCX and the Mindstorms RIS in other countries if they were
planning to
discontinue it in favor of other p-bricks.

Yeah, same in Portugal. :-)
At LEGO they say MindStorms will be made available in September and the price will be little more than a CyberMaster.
They also have the Mars Exploration pack in the catalog so I guess we will also have all the expansion packs.

By the way, there's no news that the CyberMaster will be sold in the United States in 1999?

Laurentino Martins

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]