 Robotics / 358
RE: MindStorms rotation sensors in the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 12:38:35 GMT

You can also get angle sensors and other dacta from Legoland Windsor.
They're cheaper than at Curriculum Warehouse, if you live locally. GBP19 at
Legoland, GBP20.80 + 17.5% tax + postage at CW.

The park is now closed for the winter, but the Big Shop is open from 7th Nov
until the 24th December, every day 10am-6pm.
As the park is closed, you don't pay an entrance fee.

They have freebie offers (Legoland "belly-bags" and backpacks) if you spend
over 30 or 50 GBP.

I bought an angle sensor on Saturday, and quite a few spares packs.
The only things they didn't have in stock that I wanted were the temperature
sensor and dacta PSU (for the RCX).
I also bought an 8480 Space Shuttle, which has lots of great, re-usable
parts.

P.S. It's weird being at Legoland off-season. I went on Saturday, and I got
there just before 10, so was the first person in, there were very few people
about, but at least I got to shop in peace! The shop soon filled up, though!