 Robotics / 3484
Re: Alternate C compiler for LegOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 18:18:52 GMT

=>From: "Gavin Smyth" <gavin@beeskneesDOTfreeserveDOTcoDOTuk>
=>...
=>Alternatively, have a look at http://www.beesknees.freeserve.co.uk/lego/
=>where I've done a similar but lazier job of just providing an add-on lump to
=>Cygwin (ie, you need Cygwin first). I have to confess I haven't looked at
=>Dave's, but I guess we're doing the same sort of thing.

Probably a good assessment; I haven't looked at Gavin's distribution
either, since I don't really care much about NT.  I was just curious
about the size of the programs you'd need to develop for RCX on NT.

Made uneasy by Gavin's comment about needing Cygwin, I fooled around a
little, and it turns out my tools also require a DLL from the cygwin
package.  I've placed that DLL up on my FTP site, and also added it to
the two archives there.

ftp://ftp.webvision.com/pub/cygwinb19.dll
ftp://ftp.webvision.com/pub/rcx-tools.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.webvision.com/pub/rcx-tools.ZIP

Sorry for the inconvenience if anybody downloaded the previous
rcx-tools and was unable to use it.

d.