 Robotics / 3475
Re: "Sound element"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 03:25:28 GMT

bryan.beatty@autodesk.com writes:

<< lego-robotics@crynwr.com >>

_________

Yes, I've tried, but because the "sound element" is not a simple speaker, it
doesn't work as espected. The top of the sound element has a spinning switch
that allows it to turn it on and off, and depending on which way you spin it,
it changes polarity, producing two different sounds. When it is on, the
"noise" it generates doesn't allow it to work as a microphone. If I get
another one, I will open one of them and remove the circuitry that produces
the sound, to connect the small speaker directly to the electric baseplate and
try it out. (It will probably need a resistor to avoid producing sound). That
will do a simple and compact sound sensor that even has a switch to turn it on
and off. ;-)