 Robotics / 3436
Re: 360 deg. swiveling electrical connection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 00:14:55 GMT

Thanks, everyone, for the advice. I'm really hoping to get this done
without using one of my three sensor inputs. I'll probably end up either
(a) counting rotations in my program, and backtracking if necessary, or
(b) building a new LEGO piece that allows this rotational connection out
of a phone cord detangler, a few bricks, and glue.

After that, I hope to build a new sensor that uses small microphones and
some circuitry to report the angular direction of the loudest sound.
Tricky! It occurs to me that while building an optical detector of
another robot could prove very hard, most every robot is going to be
making some noise when it moves.

Cheers,
Ben

--