 Robotics / 3347
    is the lego group exploiting its user base? —Chris Stanley
   when i went to the official mindstorms site to sign up for my personal section, i paused to read the legalese on the way in. to my amazement, i discovered that when you complete the sign-up you are agreeing to give the lego group complete rights to (...) (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: is the lego group exploiting its user base? —Ben Laurie
     (...) I think that you can't make a contract with a child. Cheers, Ben. -- (URL) grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less (...) (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: is the lego group exploiting its user base? —Laurentino Martins
   (...) I think that something is going on with LEGO at several levels. You are impressed with the quality of LEGO? Let me show you a true case: In Portugal the CyberMaster CD was not translated to Portuguese like in the other countries of Europe were (...) (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: is the lego group exploiting its user base? —S. Crawshaw
   (...) They've done that loads of times in the past. It simply comes down to the fact that "new" sells goods, and something which has been around for 2 years will not sell to the existing customer base. Now, if they re-visited some of these items at (...) (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: is the lego group exploiting its user base? —Russell Nelson
   S. Crawshaw writes: > They've done that loads of times in the past. It simply comes down to the > fact that "new" sells goods, and something which has been around for 2 > years will not sell to the existing customer base. Now, if they re-visited > (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)