 Robotics / 3365
Re: is the lego group exploiting its user base?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:52:56 GMT

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Laurentino Martins wrote:

Second. Have anyone noticed that LEGO seems to be taking out of production some of the most beautiful TECHNIC sets of the market, only to replace them with more simple models that look as good but don't have half of the "stuff" in it?
I'm thinking in the Supercar 8880 and the Space Shuttle 8480.

They've done that loads of times in the past. It simply comes down to the
fact that "new" sells goods, and something which has been around for 2
years will not sell to the existing customer base. Now, if they re-visited
some of these items at 5 or 6 year intervals, that would be good. But any
business manager would just tell you to get lost with that idea :-)

Stuart