 Robotics / 3302
Re: Where to buy Mindstorm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:14:48 GMT

=>From: Robert M Mayer <rmayerjr@juno.com>
=>...
=>Have you considered Lego Shop at home service?
=>$219.00  with free shipping( if you ask for it).
=>1-800-453-4652
=>I bought mine before christmas, back order was a week, had it in 10 days
=>total.
=>Probably quicker delivery now.
=>I have seen people bid this set up to 300 bucks on E-bay.

Yow, I got mine before christmas at ... Learningsmith, I think.  The
store was at South Coast Plaza in Southern California.  They were
giving out a flyer that said "20% off all Building Kits," so I got it
for US$160.  I didn't know it was such a big deal, or I'd have posted
this before.  (Of course, the special price was only good for a day or
two, but they *did* have a stack of 15-20 sets on the floor.)

I just called them, though, and the lady said they only had expansion
packs right now.  Bummer.

d.