 Robotics / 3294
3293  |  3295
Subject:
angle sensor output in degree?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:46:09 GMT

While surfing I came upon this page:

http://www.ecs.umass.edu/ece/UG/lego/overview.html

where there was a bunch of text; I snipped the relevant line:

Angle sensors (which are always connected to a rotating axle) report either the angle in
degrees or count the number of revolutions.

In this sentence they are referring to the LEGO Control Lab interface
boxes.  I know that lego uses the same sensors for both RCX and the
Control lab.  my question?

Is it possible to have the angle sensor return a value (directly) in
degrees as opposed to revolution.

I'm sure it can be figured out in software and a math formula. I'd just
like to see other ways not involving math  ;)

Chris
the guy with the lego brick tattoo
or visit my lego walker page at:
http://www.myna.com/~cmagno/technics/tech.htm