 Robotics / 3279
Re: Variations on the "ADDER SUBTRACTOR" ("differtrans" ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:14:58 GMT

The motors drive the differential housings directly. You can chose whether
to drive the large or small end of the differential depending on what kind
of ratio you want out of it. The axles extending from the unit in tan1.html
are used to drive whatever wheels or treads you want. We will put up some
ideas for motor placement with this design fairly soon so keep your eyes
open for another post if you need more clarification.

--
SeeYa !

Duncan Stewart wrote in message ...
I do have one question, 'though - - - I see the two shafts extending from
the bottom of tan1.html, but I am not sure where
the motors attach as opposed to where the 'output' shafts will go.  Once I
put it together, I'm sure it will make more sense, but if you
can spell it out, I think it would be very useful.