 Robotics / 3277
  re: Variations on the "ADDER SUBTRACTOR" ("differtrans" ?)

I am grateful to one and all creating these 'Variations on a theme' for the differentials! I saw Leo's initial design, ordered the extra differential from S&H (actually, it was a Christmas gift, lucky me!), and assembled it. Nice function, but much (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Variations on the "ADDER SUBTRACTOR" ("differtrans" ?)

The motors drive the differential housings directly. You can chose whether to drive the large or small end of the differential depending on what kind of ratio you want out of it. The axles extending from the unit in tan1.html are used to drive (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)