 Robotics / 3224
3223  |  3225
Subject:
Data Log Jam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:26:10 GMT

Ok, thanks for clearing up Datalog-ing for me everyone.

Let me see if I got this right...

The RCX can use a DATALOG to store DATA. (ABOUT 2000 points)

But you can't use SetDatalog() in an RCX program because
that command is an Immediate command. (Doesn't seem right)

UploadDatalog also CAN NOT be used in an RCX program because
it too is an Immediate command. (This makes more sence to me
because the IR tower goes to sleep and wouldn't see the RCX
sending data.)

But a work around is to have the RCX fill a DATALOG and then
when filled, flag a VAR that the PC is polling every now and then.
Have the PC Upload the DATALOG and reset the VAR and clear the DATALOG.
(This sounds good, but i guess it can drain the RCX battery quicker by
polling the RCX every now and then)

Have I got this more of less right so far...?

So I've got two more questions...
1. Can one RCX send a DATALOG to another RCX?
2. Can an RCX read it's own DATALOG?

Thanks for putting up with me,
Brandon Yates
NYC