 Robotics / 3219
Re: Communicating with Cybermaster not easy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:56:14 GMT

Sten,

your problem is probably the following:

you need to send the complement of the checksum as well,
so the complete packet would look like this:

0x55 0xFF 0x00 0x10 0xEF 0x10 0xEF

I am sending a byte sequence like the following:
0x55 0xFF 0x00 0x10 0xEF 0x10
where the three first bytes are the header,
0x10 is data and 0xEF is complimentary to 0x10
and the last 0x10 is checksum (sum of all data mod 256)

The light on the rcx radio tower is blinking when I send the data
but the light on the rcx is not blinking as it should when receiving data.

I get nothing back to th PC.