 Robotics / 3133
Re: Pneumatic valve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:01:43 GMT

Hi Linc,

Yes I did have trouble finding smooth enough valves. So I made a new design
(which I've posted on my website) which works with any valve (at least any
one I own). I'm now working on a pneumatic walker which I expect to post
early next week.

CU  Bert

Visit my site on Lego, Robot's and Visual Basic at
http://home.concepts.nl/~bvandam/index.html

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Linc Smith <ldsmith@pfc.forestry.ca>
Aan: B van Dam <bvandam@westbrabant.net>
Datum: vrijdag 22 januari 1999 1:49
Onderwerp: Re: Pneumatic valve

Hey Bert

I am updating my page, but I thought that I would bring your attention to
one thing that is going into the page since you are using the switch now.
That is to search your inventory for the smoothest moving switch when • making
it.  The micro motor does fairly well, but a really stiff switch (there are
some) will stall the micro-motor. Kinda intuitive, but just thought I would
mention it anyway.

Good luck

LINC

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!

CU  Bert

Visit my site on Lego, Robot's and Visual Basic at
http://home.concepts.nl/~bvandam/index.html

Has anyone ever made a pneumatic valve 'electric', using a motor for
example?