 Robotics / 305
  Re: Building gcc

(...) I wonder if this is the step I was missing. After following Allen's instructions, I ran into troubles with an include directory missing files, so I just created empty files and the compilation complete fine. Maybe using crossgcc fills in those (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Building gcc

(...) The instructions I wrote up were for the GNU gcc distribution 2.8.1, not for the cygnus distribution. I haven't tried building the cygnus distribution, so I don't know what the differences are. gcc 2.8.1 built cleanly for me under Linux (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Building gcc

(...) Ah, I missed that part. So crossgcc is a _patch_ that maybe affects how the compiler does things, maybe or maybe not making it compile without the header file mess. And it probably makes gcc run correctly under (only?) Cygwin. Got it. [Don't (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Building gcc

(...) This is the GNU gcc 2.8.1 I'm talking about. egcs fails in a similar, but not identical way, but there isn't a patch for it. Cheers, Ben. (26 years ago, 7-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Building gcc

(...) It makes gcc not require the headers, yep, and tweaks a few other little thing. Dunno about Cygwin - I'm building on FreeBSD. Cheers, Ben. (26 years ago, 7-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)