 Robotics / 3036
  Re: Help! Can't talk to IR Tower with Mac w/nqcc!

(...) That wiring looks fine, provided that "IR" is a DB-9 female that connects directly to the IR device. If you use the IR cable supplied by lego, then you'll need to swap pins 2 and 3. Mac pins 1 and 2 (RS-232 pins 7 and 8) are not required at (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help! Can't talk to IR Tower with Mac w/nqcc!

Success!! On the advice of Ben Kimball I started looking for an extension that might be competing for the serial port. My system is also used for MIDI and I found the MIDI Manager extension. I disabled it and rebooted and found that I could now talk (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help! Can't talk to IR Tower with Mac w/nqcc!

(...) Start with the NQCC docs: (URL) I just added a few comments about Data Logging to the FAQ: (URL) documentation is somewhat scarce and out of date. When in doubt, peek at rcx.nqh to see all the function defs, and post to the newsgroup (or (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)