 Robotics / 3016
    Re: Voltage generator/Anemometer —Jim Thomson
   (...) I made one some time ago for a project using a bike speedo (one of the digital ones which comes with a reed switch to go on the forks and a little magnet which clips on a spoke). This measured the revolution speed of a windmill type thing made (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Voltage generator/Anemometer —jeff
   Jim, Thanks for the info. on your experience. I was thinking of using the car, and was a bit worried about the accuracy problem. Your suggestions are great though and have me believing I'll try something like what you did. I was thinking about (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Voltage generator/Anemometer —Peter Hesketh
     In article <Pine.GSO.3.96.99012....uen.org>, jeff <jeff@uen.org> writes (...) Measuring the voltage would be more accurate. (25 years ago, 20-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Voltage generator/Anemometer —Zachary A. Bourk
   Jim: Would not the readings gleaned from a motor only be valid when the motor is already turning and has overcome "stick-tion" and the back-emf that would be created when it tried to move the motor? Also, using something as crude as coat hanger and (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)