 Robotics / 2958
    Re: ok, time for a stupid question... —Russell Nelson
   Chris Stanley writes: > what exactly is the purpose of a differential gear? i've got several of > them, i've seen them used in various projects, but i've never quite > managed to figure out what they do. > > ok, there. i feel much better. thank you. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: ok, time for a stupid question... —Craig B Agricola
   (...) <clipped nice explanation of differentials> (...) This has long been a curiosity of mine; I understand the general idea of increasingly braking an idler gear on the axle that is going faster (I presume the braking is proportional to the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)