 Robotics / 2923
Re: RCX program editor review (second version)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:06:45 GMT

Mark,

I know that I should not comment on what you write about my own program
(RcxCC) but I feel that I should because you are looking at version 1.0
while 2.0 is already out for a while and is so much more extended. It
does have online help, visual editing and many more things. Version 2.1
that will come out this week will have memory maps, datalog download,
retransmission statistics, full Cybermaster support, etc.

Let me clarify the use of SPRIT.OCX in RcxCC. RcxCC uses the SPIRIT.OCX
for all its actions. Only the download of a program to the RCX uses the
not quite C compiler which uses its own protocol.

If you are referring to the review which is also on the Lego-Robotics wiki
site at:

http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/SurveyOfRCXEditors.htm

then I would think it would be acceptable for to add your own comments to
that page. Since the review is originally by Denis Cousineau then I think
you should sign your name alongside any such comments that you make. You
would do this by adding --MarkOvermars following what you write. In this
way, anyone reading would be able to note what you say but also know that it
is not part of the review text.

BTW, I have also added a page to the same site on the RcxCC. It is at:

http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/RCXCommandCenter.htm

It doesn't say much but, from what you say above, what I have written is not
strictly correct. Perhaps you (or someone else) could add a few lines about
the latest versions of RCX Command Center which might be more accurate.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Lego-Robotics WikiWeb
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/FrontPage.htm