 Robotics / 2922
Fw: Fw: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:29:53 GMT

It would be a non-trivial task for a lego bot to throw one of those...the
one's I've seen are about 5" in diameter and made a fairly heavy duty
plastic...add to that the (small) weight of a hamster or gerbil, and I don't
think it would be _near_ as easy as lobbing a ping-pong ball.

Still, I would be interested in seeing just how strong a lobber could be
made from a mindstorms kit, staying as pure as possible.

trowt
-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Hardie <pete.hardie@dvsg.sciatl.com>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Monday, January 18, 1999 8:24 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars

Tom Rowton wrote:

So just get one of those small hamster balls, where you put the animal
inside it and the animal can move about 'freely', so the bot would still
have to herd it, thus being harder than herding a plain ball, but saving • the
pet and owner from any traumatic experience....

Good idea!

Just make sure you don't let in any of the ping-pong retreival bots in,
especially those that throw the balls.....

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |