 Robotics / 2874
RE: Stores & Lego Availability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 03:40:15 GMT

I purchased a bunch of Technics kits at the Bay, Zellers, Sears, and Toys R
Us in the Vancouver B.C. area. I actually found that Toys R Us generally had
worse selection from the department stores, although their prices were an
itsy bit lower.

I've almost finished inventory'ing the 12 sets that I did purchase and will
post them somewhere (I recall seeing a site with a bunch of inventories, so
I'll probably try there first).

---
Dave Hylands               Email: DHylands@creo.com     3700 Gilmore Way
Principal Software Developer Tel: (604) 451-2700 x2329  Burnaby B.C.
Creo Products Inc.           Fax: (604) 437-9891        Canada V5G 4M1

-----Original Message-----
From: sinclair@cadvision.com [mailto:sinclair@cadvision.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 1999 6:59 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Stores & Lego Availability

I'm getting awfully jealous of all these California sales...

Up here in Calgary, Alberta we have a population of almost 800,000;
plenty of stores, but no Lego Technic selection anywhere!  Especially
the bigger, expensive sets.

Of course I want to expand my lego collection for use with the RCX,
sports and extreme sets.

I found only one place (Sears) with one Front End Loader kit.  No
other large sets anywhere in the entire city...

So, I thought I'd order another Loader kit by Sears telephone.  They
don't have any in stock across the whole country!  Pretty sad.

And speaking of technic kits...

Do you guys feel as I do, that there are very few Technic kits in the
1999 catalog?

Pretty limiting, considering all the new RCX owners wanting expansion
parts...

<ICS>