 Robotics / 2856
  RE: IR Proximity Detection via RCX IR Port

Hey, I've got a stupid question. I've been thinking about the IR Proximity Detection idea, and I wonder: Why is using the RCX's IR port and a light sensor better than using the light sensor alone? I realize its good to be able to pulse the IR light (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: IR Proximity Detection via RCX IR Port

i'm not sure, but i don't think this would work. when i was developing mine, i once tried to run it without the ir pulses to see if it would work off the led (constant instead of pulsing) and it proceeded to immediately run into everything it had (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)