 Robotics / 2798
    Re: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars —Israel Alanis
    MIT has an autonomous robot competition (it is in fact being held later on this month). The goal of the competition varries from year to year, but it's usually "easter egg"ish. The competition is only open to students... It's really a (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars —Daniel Miller
   In my misspent youth I saw a competition on PBS which was a robot competition at (I think) MIT. The point of this particular contest was not unlike Hungry Hungry Hippos, but with ping-pong balls. The court was about 3' by 6', and it sloped toward (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

    Daniel Miller wrote in message ... (...) That was probably the MechE competition 2.670 or, now, 2.007... we got a bunch of random parts, and then had to machine them into a robot which is remote-controlled. The EECS students get a bunch of Lego and (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)