 Robotics / 27948
27947  |  27949
Subject:
Cavern exploration robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:13:31 GMT

Hi all,

those who would like to follow our new project, please go to

www.convict.lu/Jeunes/RoboticsIntro.htm and follow the "Casemates project blog".

The idea is to design and program a robot that can navigate through the
casemates, which are sorts of caverns beneath the city of Luxembourg, left
behind by old military occupants (French -Vauban 17th century-, for instance).
As our boarding institution is built upon an old vestige of a fortress, we still
have an access to some casemates that have never been explored. In this project,
we will combine metallic Tetrix and LEGO Mindstorms parts, as a very robust
construction is needed to overcome the difficult topography. (Note that Tetrix
robots may be Mindstorms-controlled and is compatible with the geometry of the
LEGO parts.)

http://www.tetrixrobotics.com/
http://news.legoeducation.us/Newsroom/Item.aspx?art=2752

(Also note that the blog is entitled "Boulette Institute of Technology", a funny
student usurpation of the great East-coast institute's name. To explain
"Boulette", this is much more complicated... you need to understand French, and
know parts of the boarding institution's history.)