 Robotics / 2788
    Re: Synchro drive in lego —Carlson, Doug R (MN65)
   (...) I've seen ratchets made with a pivoting gear rack element in contact with a 24 Tooth gear. Also, the small bungee racers had a ratchet mechanism also using several 16T gears. I'm quite curious to see what other variations of this platform (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Synchro drive in lego —Paul Speed
   Yeah, I've made these sorts of ratchets before. The problem isn't so much making a ratchet as it is ratcheting the wheel assembly to the platform. If I had one of those free-spinning dark grey gears I could do it. I may finally have to break down (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)