 Robotics / 27807
27806  |  27808
Subject:
Infrared Tower Refuses to Communicate with or Detect RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:39:36 GMT

Hello everyone, I have had my RIS 2.0 for about 6 or so years. At the time I
purchased it, my skills were not sufficient to realize the true potential of
the system, and I never did anything advanced with it. Just a few days ago,
I dug up my RCX and sensors, deciding to give it another shot, utilizing the
new skills and patience I have gained in the past years.I installed the RIS
2.0 CD on my new computer of one year, downloaded and installed the tower
164 driver, XP patch, and the multi-core patch. Alas, the program worked,
but when it came time to install the firmware, the tower did not detect the
RCX, no matter what I did. I restarted, and program would not launch at all!
After going through the steps outlined
http://old.nabble.com/Asking-for-RIS-2.0-patch-under-Windows-XP-td18298813.html
here  I managed to get the program working again, but the tower still
refused to detect the RCX. I have tried every distance, every USB port, and
even turned off all the fluorescent lights. Still no joy.

This SHOULD be working! I have tried every possible patch, nothing works. I
have a Q6600 quad core, could that be causing the problem, even after
installing  the multi-core patch?

Please help, I would really like to get back into using the RIS!