 Robotics / 2767
Re: a request for reccomendations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:29:01 GMT

Chris,

If you want to do Object-Oriented programming with the RCX you can try
Bot-Kit which is a free interface to the Dolphin Smalltalk language
(available for $30). Take a look at:

http://www.object-arts.com/Bower/Bot-Kit

I also maintain a collaborative web site with pages containing details about
the various new programming systems. When you find the one you like why not
write a review for it on the NewProgrammingSystems page at:

http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/FrontPage.htm

Regards

Andy Bower

Chris Stanley wrote in message <369D20FE.9DEA813E@usit.net>...
i've just gotten my rcx this last weekend and have been reading like mad
about all the things that can be done with it.  i'm now trying to decide
what i want to use to code it with.  i've found an array of packages
(ncq, botcode, mind control, etc.) but i'm not sure which to use.  i
really don't want to sit down and try out *all* of these (hey, i'm lazy)
so i was hoping for some suggestions.  i'm running on a win32 platform
and would prefer something with a good ease-of-use/powerful ratio.  i'm
a programmer so i could probably figure out just about any of these, but
i'd prefer to spend more time tinkering with my rcx and less time
learning syntax.  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

--
Chris Stanley
cstanley@usit.net