 Robotics / 27668
Re: Ogre - a LEGO NXT based "tank"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2009 20:33:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, William Toenjes wrote:

This is super cool!

Thank you - I glad folks liked this.

I first saw this from the post at [Gizmodo]

And I'm somewhat shocked at what hitting Gizmodo does to view statistics on
YouTube. Wow. I can see why /. can set down a server *fast*...

My son and I watched the video through 3 x and his comment
every time is "We've gotta learn how to build one for ourselves!"

While I don't have BS photos up yet, Steve Hassenplug was kind enough to put up
a webpage on it on his site:

http://www.teamhassenplug.org/robots/OGRE/

I'll need "deconstructive" pictures at some point, but for now this is the
source for Ogre. The Hailstorm launcher I did actually draft up in LDD, and put
on NXTlog:

http://mindstorms.lego.com/nxtlog/ProjectDisplay.aspx?id=ce5fa394-669f-4f66-a260-ef5e6c2e8fb2

Now you need a companion bot that goes around and cleans
up all the Zamor spheres.

Yes - it's been suggested more than once (and my wife agrees) :).

--
Brian Davis