 Robotics / 27598
  How to get a RCX1.0 working these days?

Hi! I have tried to get my old (old? It was the first one in Austria!) RCX 1.0 working again, but didn't succeed. After all these years, the firmware seems to be gone, it doesn't even run the on-board programs... I tried to install the original (...) (16 years ago, 22-Oct-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to get a RCX1.0 working these days?

(...) I suggest you use NQC with BricxCC ((URL) Since your tower is serial, you should not need to install any other software. Though it is not VB, it is nonetheless very easy to learn. Firmware file is on LEGO CD-rom, but it would be better to use (...) (16 years ago, 23-Oct-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to get a RCX1.0 working these days?

(...) Thanx for your answer, I'll definitely look into that. But I just discovered Robolab, from TLG itself. Does that work (RCX1.0 on XP or Vista), and if yes, does it have Firmware coming with it? A few years ago I worked a bit with LabView at the (...) (16 years ago, 23-Oct-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: How to get a RCX1.0 working these days?

(...) Robolab comes with the RCX firmware and I agree it will probably be a lot easier to grasp for your son than NXC/NBC. The advantage of the latter though is that it is completely free. Since you have a serial tower you'll need to load whatever (...) (16 years ago, 24-Oct-08, to lugnet.robotics)