 Robotics / 27601
Re: How to get a RCX1.0 working these days?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2008 05:50:12 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ardjan Besse wrote:

But I just discovered Robolab, from TLG itself. Does that work (RCX1.0
on XP or Vista), and if yes, does it have Firmware coming with it?
A few years ago I worked a bit with LabView at the laboratory, and so
I think this will be more easy for me. Also, I'll have to explain my
son (5.5y) what I am doing. With drawings it will be easier, I
think... :-)

Robolab comes with the RCX firmware and I agree it will probably be a lot easier
to grasp for your son than NXC/NBC. The advantage of the latter though is that
it is completely free.

Since you have a serial tower you'll need to load whatever software you want to
use in Windos XP since Vista doesn't support the serial port.

Regards,
Jetro