 Robotics / 2754
RE: a request for reccomendations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 01:02:41 GMT

If you have Internet Explorer 4.0 (or the 5.0 preview), then you can use the
Windows Scripting Host to control spirit.ocx - no Word or Visual Basic
required.  For documentation, see http://www.microsoft.com/scripting.

Eric
(BTW I'm a different Eric from the one mentioned below.  And I do not speak
for my employer in any official capacity.)

-----Original Message-----
From: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com [mailto:lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 4:14 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: a request for reccomendations

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Chris Stanley) writes:
i was hoping for some suggestions.

I use Visual Basic.  You can get the "learning edition" at Best Buy for
about
$50.  If you have newer versions of Word or Excel there is VB  built into
them
and you can use that.  VB gives you the most flexability in writing code for

the RCX and cute little user interfaces as well.  On the Mindstorms site you

can download a 100 page book (SDK) on using Mindstorms with VB.  There are a

couple of sites like Eric's that talk about using it too.  Hope this helps.