 Robotics / 27483
  Assembly line feeding system

What I'm trying to do is inspired by the feeding mechanism of (URL) trying to feed 1x1 plates into an assembly line. I've built several hoppers to hold a few hundred pieces each. I've got a chute design so that the pieces slide down without room to (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jun-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  AW: Assembly line feeding system

Maybe a look into actual GBC designs and their approaches to transportation might prove useful (?). (Ok, it's for LEGO balls instead of plates) (URL) Nachricht----- Von: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] Im Auftrag von John (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: AW: Assembly line feeding system

GBC module creators tend to independently reinvent the same hopper solutions used in factories. Some of them shake, many of them have an agitator spinning inside it to loosen the pieces, but the simplest just use gravity and a change of direction. (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: AW: Assembly line feeding system

(...) Hello Jordan, Thanks a lot for the tip! This is an amazinly simple and effective way to serialize a ball flow. According to my experiments, there is a little thing to add to your explanations: the narrow ramp level must be sufficiently lower (...) (16 years ago, 4-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: AW: Assembly line feeding system

(...) Thank Rafe Donahue, actually. I learned about it from a math/statistics-based presentation about GBC modules he gave at BrickWorld 2007. If he didn't discover the technique himself, he at least documented it. :) I haven't seen a lot of modules (...) (16 years ago, 8-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics)