 Robotics / 27454
  Frustration with NXT-G 1.1

It's been a LONG time since I've posted. I was thrilled when my wife presented me with an NXT for our anniversary, and have really enjoyed its capabilities. We migrated our MindStorms@Work group to use the NXT, and dug into NXT-G (since we already (...) (16 years ago, 13-May-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Frustration with NXT-G 1.1

There's a couple of descriptions of alternative programming environments on the web that you might want to look at. Check out the following: (URL) or (URL) wrote the second item which was published in Robot magazine. I'm one of the authors of (...) (16 years ago, 13-May-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Frustration with NXT-G 1.1

(...) Please let your wife know that she has *really* cool tastes in anniversary gifts :). (...) I still like it quite a bit, but it seems among adults I'm a minority (or an aberration... I've been called worse). I agree that the bugs in the IDE in (...) (16 years ago, 13-May-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Frustration with NXT-G 1.1

This was about as cool as the year she gave me the 3,104-piece Lego Star Destroyer. (Especially since, when people see it in my cube, they usually remark, "My wife/girlfriend _won't_ let me get this.) Nichelle laughed at your remark. --Doug Wilcox (...) (16 years ago, 14-May-08, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Frustration with NXT-G 1.1

Doug, I share your frustration very much. as a child and a teenager i was a Lego Technic freak. In the last year i wanted to go back to my "roots" of enjoyment, and decided to buy the mindstorms NXT kit as a starter, because it seemed to me a cool (...) (15 years ago, 25-May-09, to lugnet.robotics)