 Robotics / 27239
  Re: Serenity, an autonomous NXT-based boat

(...) Airboat! (17 years ago, 13-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Serenity, an autonomous NXT-based boat

(...) Good idea, and I should have added that to the list. But a high-thrust LEGO air propeller or fan seems to be even tougher to make than a water propeller. There's been a lot of discussion in the past about LEGO hovercraft, but it's rather hard (...) (17 years ago, 14-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Serenity, an autonomous NXT-based boat

OK - Since you beat me to that one how about magnetohydrodynamic propulsion (thought that might be hard with stock Lego :) Or more realistically, how about counter-rotating screw drives, like this one: (URL) be able to make something like it by (...) (17 years ago, 14-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Serenity, an autonomous NXT-based boat

(...) Oars! (17 years ago, 15-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Serenity, an autonomous NXT-based boat

(...) Oars are nothing but highly asymmetric paddle wheels. Yes, I know, that's a bit simplified, but still splashes a lot unless you have the high amount of control over force curves, blade angle, etc. that an experienced rower has. Just check out (...) (17 years ago, 15-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics)