 Robotics / 2716
Re: OFF TOPIC!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:37:17 GMT

"Fred Carcanague III" <corkycarcanague@hotmail.com> writes:

See lugnet.admin.build for a response. I did and it's there. Todd has warned
you about posting off topic subject matter in here already. Please head his
warning!!!

Fred,

It appears that Chris did read the warning, but unfortunately he ignored it
(or maybe he misunderstood it) as you no doubt saw a few minutes later.

In any case, in order to prevent his further disrupting things here, his
posting priviliges for this newsgroup have been suspended.  Here is the
documentation:

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.general:777

Others,

I apologize for furthering this off-topic thread with another off-topic
post.  However, I wanted to make it clear to everyone on the
lego-robotics@crynwr.com side of things that the lugnet.robotics side is
willing (as appropriate) to limit the posting privileges of people who
continually and visibly annoy others with off-topic or void-of-content
postings, as Chris has repeatedly done in the past week.

If this sort of thing happens again in the future (someone is being an
obvious pest or annoyance despite repeated polite attempts to get them to
stop), there is <admin@lugnet.com> to report any lugnet problems or Russel
Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> to report any lego-robotics@crynwr.com problems.
It's no fun to suspend or remove someone's posting privileges, but sometimes
it's the only way to get someone to stop.

If anyone (including Chris) feels that Chris's posting privileges were
wrongly suspended, it's open to discussion (on lugnet.admin.general),
although I'd be surprised to hear any objections.

--Todd

[Followups set to lugnet.admin.general]