 Robotics / 27087
Re: RCX vs. NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 17:17:11 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
At 06:32 PM 5/2/07, Tim (Smith) wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Tonya Witherspoon wrote:
Check out these cool video clips about the RCX vs NXT from Iowa State
University's College of Engineering.  They are similar to the Mac
vs. PC ads.

Full of lies, distortions and half-truths? I'll skip it, thanks.

I must say, I don't understand that comment.  I'd agree that if
you're looking for a fact-based comparison, this would not be the
best source.  But, if you're a LEGO geek (like many of us) looking
for something funny, this is a good place to look.

He's implying that since the Mac vs. PC ads are noticeably full of lies,
distortions, and half-truths (like how digital cameras don't work with PCs, PCs
don't work straight out of the box, PCs need expensive upgrades to run new
operating systems but failing to mention that Macs need to be replaced outright,
conveniently forgetting the infamous "dead Mac" startup icon, etc.), that any
set of ads that's based on them must necessarily also be full of lies,
distortions, and half-truths.  It was a no-brainer shot at the desperation of
the Apple Computer marketing department, not a reflection on anything said in
the RCX vs. NXT ads.  My own was that in comparing the "Mac vs. PC" ads to the
"RCX vs. NXT" ads, the spoofs have effectively implied that Mac=RCX and PC=NXT.