 Robotics / 27070
27069  |  27071
Subject:
Ultra Sonic Sensor Readings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 03:01:34 GMT

I've read the previous postings on the ultrasonic (aka "echo locator" among my
students).

I'm experimenting to see what the cone of energy looks like.  Does anyone have
experimental data I can compare to?

I also need advice of detecting the scatter.  Last week, I grabbed a potato chip
(Lays Stax) elliptical cylinder and gave it to a kid as a target.  Poor kid got
really confused by the readings he got.  He pulled me aside to ask why the US
wasn't seeing the container.  We proceeded to turn the container and found a lot
of positions where the container "disappeared".  So, I'd like to see if we can
setup US to find the cylinder all the time.

I imagine setting three US, use the center to ping and all of them to read.
What do you think?

Thanks.