 Robotics / 27059
Re: NXTOffRoad+Extensionboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:09:53 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Christian Mock wrote:

Enjoy the simple NXTOffRoad movie :D
http://www.mindstormsforum.de/viewtopic.php?p=14218#14218

Thanks. It's fun to watch it in action (and it looks like your 10-year-old had
fun avoiding it :-). How often does the front lip hit the ground, or does it
just clear (it's hard to tel from the video)? And from my schlecht Deutsch, yes,
it does look ahrd to control or stop, and i'll be curious to see it under
autonomous control. What is the biggest step it can climb? Can it climb a curb
(step up) half a wheel radius tall?

Hi,
it was my 5 years old daughter, who is escaping from running NXT :-D. The older
one (and me) is playing the solo guitar at the background :-)
It makes us happy that you enjoy the simple video of family-home-fun with Lego.
Yes, it it hard control the NXTOffRoad by BlueTooth and Mobile phone. As you can
see,I had to add protectors for the front side.
While runing under program control I have to start and stop more slowly...
I havent't tested the OffRoad usability so much, but it is worse to test it. I
think NXTOffRoad is able to climb 1/4 radius of the wheels at full speed.
Currently I'm thinking about a small gear for driving the wheels...

I need more testing the next weekend :D

Greetings from sunny germany
Christian