 Robotics / 27013
Re: NXC/NBC release news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:36:34 GMT

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I will try your suggestion and let you know how it
goes.

Regards,
Davis

John Hansen-4 wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, davis_nxt <dmle@doc.ic.ac.uk> wrote:
I would have expected the string "hello world" to be printed. However, "*
*"
is printed instead.
It seems that the value assignment operators for sarr's elements did not
work.
Am I using the right syntax?

The standard NXT firmware has a bug in the replace opcode which makes it
impossible to use with multi-dimensional arrays (or ragged arrays of
arrays).  I
have fixed this bug and submitted the code to folks at NI and LEGO for
possible
inclusion in the next official firmware update.  Hopefully they will
include it.
In the meantime you can use my unofficial build of the standard NXT
firmware.
It includes this fix.  If you install the unofficial firmware image then
you
should be able to use the code as you have it written without any
problems.

The alternative is to build the contents of the string array using
ArrayBuild*
or to write it in an asm block with the arrbuild opcode (which is all the
ArrayBuild* API functions do).

Like this:

#include "NXCDefs.h"

task main() {
  string sarr[];
  ArrayBuild3(sarr, "hello", "world", "*");
/*
  ArrayInit(sarr, "*",3);
  string s1 = "hello";
  string s2 = "world";