 Robotics / 27002
27001  |  27003
Subject:
LEGO Mindstorms NXT - Robotics based Electronics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 04:59:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

As most of you know I've been exploring ways to revitalize electronics education
via this blog and teachings at Lawrence Tech University and now ITT Technical
Institute.What saddens me is the days of building electronic circuits on
breadboards or point-to-point soldering using Vector boards are far-few and in
between in tech schools and universities. Hands-on experimentation has been
replaced with virtual machine control and circuit simulation packages. These
virtual tools are great for benchmarking an idea or concept but they will never
replace building a working prototype. So, to revitalize the hobby, and
profession, I'll be providing more content on basic circuits that can easily be
interface with the LEGO Mindstorms NXT as well as the  RCX and Handy Cricket.

So to whet your appetite I've posted a few circuits discussed in my Digital
Electronics 1 class I'm teaching at ITT Technical Institute to revitalize
electronics education on my Blog <http://www.family-science.net/Blog.htm>
Enjoy!!!

Don Wilcher