 Robotics / 26974
Re: Bricx Command Centre and the NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:58:41 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jan Kromhout wrote:
Dear All,

I have installed a Belkin Bluetooth USB-adapter.
The Bluetooth connection is installed as Com11.
When I start the Bricx Command Centre the max Comport is "9"
I can't change the comport of the Bluetooth adapter.
And I switch the check bock of the Bluetoot "on"
Bricx Command Centre  can't connect.
Can someone tell me how to proceed?

BricxCC uses the NXT Fantom API layer to communicate with the NXT via both
bluetooth and USB.  If you have the NXT Fantom drivers installed properly
(which, if you can communicate with the NXT via the standard NXT software, you
must) then when you start BricxCC it will take a while to search for the NXT via
both USB and bluetooth.  If it finds an NXT connected on USB and/or bluetooth
then it writes the "resource name" of the connections to a file called
"nxt.dat".

If the NXT can be found via bluetooth then there will be an entry in this file
that starts with BTH.  When you drop down the list of ports you should see all
the entries in the nxt.dat file listed as options for connecting to the NXT.  If
you want to connect via bluetooth then you should use the BTH entry rather than
any of the COM port names.

If you do not see either a USB0 or a BTH entry in the list then try deleting the
nxt.dat file and start BricxCC again.  Make sure that the NXT is connected via
USB and that it has its bluetooth connection enabled.

Hope this helps,

John Hansen