 Robotics / 26953
    Re: TachoSpeed.nqc —linmix
   (...) Sorry. I meant to say 'the brick never executes the if statement'. (...) I don't see 1) how I could make an if/else statement or 2) what the benefit would be. 1) If I make an if/else statement isn't 'else' executed always if 'if' is not true? (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: TachoSpeed.nqc —John Hansen
   (...) The question you need to answer for yourself is this: Do I want my robot to to potentially execute both if blocks in sequence or do I only want the second if block to execute if the first condition is known to be false? If you only want the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: TachoSpeed.nqc —Philippe Hurbain
     (...) I found again an old code I wrote for Cybermaster to do avoiding based on tacho slowdown. The trick is indeed to drive at a low power level, or the wheels simply sleep and there is not enough slowdown to be reliable. Philo ---...--- task main (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: TachoSpeed.nqc —linmix
     (...) I guess there is a define statement missing that goes something like #define Drive(l,r) SetPower(OUT_L, l); SetPower(OUT_R, r); On(OUT_L+OUT_R) although the Programmer's guide doesn't mention anything about negative values being a possibility (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: TachoSpeed.nqc —linmix
   (...) That's exactly what I'm trying to achieve. I hadn't actually written out any pseudo code, but it is (almost)exactly the way I had thought it through in my head. My main problem is that I think up what I'd like to do and then have to scour the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics)