 Robotics / 2692
  Re: Mindstorm Robotwars style competition in Southern California/Los Angesles area?

You know, I really believe that disallowing IR is a bad idea. Although I would agree that using the IR to shut down or disable opponents is a Bad Thing(tm), and should result in disqualification, IR usage that can be justifiably used in a (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm Robotwars style competition in Southern California/Los Angesles area?

Well, I agree with number two, but as likely many will point out number would probably be disruptive to other 'bots trying to do the same thing. -Paul (pspeed@augustschell.com) (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm Robotwars style competition in Southern California/Los Angesles area?

(...) ...err... number _one_ would probably be disruptive... I should proof read better. (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Mindstorm Robotwars style competition in Southern California/Los Angesles area?

This raised an interesting thought in my head. Suppose you allow teams of robots to compete, Communication would be essential for both teams, so how would you filter out hostile messages from you own? The easiest way would be to force the teams to (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorm Robotwars style competition in Southern California/Los Angesles area?

What may be the most logical thing to do is simply simulate serial communication between units. That is, send a stream of bytes, one after the other, to the other unit. Of course, for each byte received, the receiver should send an acknowledgment, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)